Thinking about improving the siding on your home? Looking for a local Siding Contractor you can trust to inform you on the best siding for your home in New England? TJR Construction is a local Siding Contractor in with multiple offices across the US(Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Texas), specializing in all types of siding including vinyl siding, stucco, stone, wood, bevel, shakes & Shingles, board and batten, metal, fabricated brick, fabricated stone, fiber cement siding and more. Home siding has a number of benefits for homeowners aside from making your home look more attractive from the curb.
The weather in New England is unpredictable and for the winter months very cold. Improving your home with siding can help you reduce your energy bill. TJR Construction can help you choose the right siding to fit your specific needs. When selecting siding, there are six basic issues to consider:
- Water Resistance. Water-resistant types of siding will have longer life spans.
- Ease of Installation. If you’re installing the siding on your own, make sure it is within your skill set, requires no special tools, and creates no harmful dust when cut.
- Energy Efficiency. Check the R-value rating for energy savings and understand what will be needed as far as insulation beneath the cladding.
- Aesthetics. Your siding will be in full view as you come and go, so make sure it is beautiful to you.
- Versatility. Make sure the siding has the versatility to meet the varied needs of your specific project. If there are aspects of your home’s exterior that will make using a particular type of siding more challenging than others, make sure you understand what the added costs or necessary adjustments will be.
- Durability. Does it have the strength to resist temperature shifts present in your climate? How does it stand up to everyday wear and tear?